Friday, March 13, 2009

Crazy Hectic Week!!!

This week has been soo crazy and hectic im amazed that i made it out alive. But it was all worth it because during the weekend i participated in a Job selection process for a Resident Advisor position. I was competing against over 100 something applicants and......I GOT THE JOB!!!! I am soo happy right now it feels like a dream. I cant wait for next semester to start and RA training. It is definitely a life changing experience to hold the position of an RA. They are in charge of the welcoming the residents and helping them through the college semester. Its going to be a challenging time for me but I am ready and excited for it!!!


On a side note i would just like to say that the weather in upstate New York is intent on driving me and half the campus crazy! It was about 40 degrees and sunny yesterday (an amazing day for upstaters) Today the temperature dropped 25 degrees and it was snowing O_0


Now For Some Knitting
I finished two of the "Robyn's Blue Hat" pattern. The first one i knitted in a Lion Brand Yarn ( I cant remember the specific type but its green lolz), i kinda messed up on it because i dint read the instructions of how big to make the body of the hat. So when i finished knitting i noticed that the body was way tooo big. Instead of freaking out and giving up on the hat, i decided to fold the seed stitch brim over the body creating a real brim. It worked out perfectly, the hat fits nice and snugg and its very warm. The second hat i followed the rules perfectly but the only downfall was that i dint like the type of yarn i used so the hat does not look as good as the first one.
Im planning to make my own buttons to sew on the sides, from this great tutorial "How to Make Dorset Buttons". They are going to be adorable!!

Random Oneonta PicturesHulbert Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment