Sunday, March 8, 2009

SNF and Something New

Yesterday night my hall hosted a program called Saturday Night Fever. Our theme for the night was "Welcome to Hawaii Come Get Leid", its a funny bit of play on words. The night included an assortment of games, karaoke, crafting, a DJ and a giant volleyball net complete with beach balls. Safe to say it was a pretty hectic but fun night.
As people entered they were given a Lei (flower necklace) and entered into the raffle for three prizes. We had 4 boxes of dip dish pizza, soda, chips cake desserts and mock tails. As the president i spent most of the night running around making sure things were going as planned, but i did enjoy seeing everyone have fun.We all had a good time!
Now For Some Knitting
I went to my local Yarn shop today called "Knitting It All Together". Its small but stocked full of yarn from ceiling to floor. I went in there just too look around but of course I left with a pair of needles and yarn. The yarn i bought is beautiful, i always wanted to knit with this type of yarn but never had the chance to get it. Today it was on sale!!! now who doesn't like bargain prices?? especially on yarn!

The yarn is called Nepal by Katia, it was made in Spain and is 72% acrylic and 28% wool. I love the different colors, it sort of looks like a cross of fall and spring. The needles are size 10 5 double pointed by Brittany. I'm thinking of buying at least a skein of different type of yarn from the yarn shop each week. I love trying out new yarn, it feels like a new adventure each time =)

No comments:

Post a Comment